Get Your Puppy Off to a Great Start!
Puppy services are for puppies under 16 weeks old. You can sign up for a puppy class, take private lessons at our training studio, or choose both with our Puppy Combo Package!
Get the help you need now with a private lesson in your home, then continue your pup’s training and socialization with our four week puppy training class.
Puppy Combo Package
$225 | In-Studio Lesson & 4 Week Puppy Class!
Get help right away with a private lesson at our studio, plus attendance at puppy class. Receive expert guidance on house training, socialization, crate training, preventing separation anxiety, and managing puppy biting. Start training your puppy as soon as the second distemper/parvo vaccination. Package Includes:
- One Hour private lesson at our studio
- Four weeks of Puppy Class (see below)
- House training booklet
- Follow-up email support if problems arise
Schedule your studio appointment and get started soon!
$120 | 4 Weeks
Puppies will learn Come, Sit, Down, Attention and beginning Leash Manners. Get help with common puppy issues such as nipping, chewing, jumping and house training. Each class includes practice to help your pup enjoy handling for vet and groomer visits. They will explore new surfaces, sounds, and objects, and get experience meeting new people and healthy pups in a safe, sanitary environment. Puppies are paired with compatible playmates for carefully supervised play breaks during class. This class is ongoing with a rolling enrollment: you can start any week there’s an opening. You will be enrolled for four consecutive classes on the day you choose. If you miss a class, you can attend one of our make up sessions at no charge. You must register online to reserve a spot in the make up session. Class size is limited to 4 puppies. One person may attend per puppy. Remember to bring your shot records for admission to your first visit. Masks are required.
Please review Info & Policies before enrolling.
Classes meet weekly, start any week.
Cost: $120 for four weeks. Additional week $30.
Puppy Class FAQ
WHEN CAN WE START?
- When your pup has lived in your home for two weeks without illness
- When your pup has received the second set of puppy shots (often listed as dhpp, dhlp or dapp), at least one administered by a veterinarian. Please provide written proof with dates.
- We keep the studio sanitized for your pup’s health and safety.
WHO CAN ATTEND THIS CLASS?
- One human per puppy enrolled.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Visit our scheduling page.
- Choose the start day/time, and click Sign Up.
- You will be enrolled in 4 classes.
- You can pay online or call with a credit card.
- You’ll receive an email confirming your registration, with reminders about what to bring.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU MEET?
- You and your pup attend class once a week for four weeks
- Each class is 50 minutes long
- You select the day and time when you register for the class and attend the same class each week
WHAT IF I MISS A CLASS?
We hope you’ll make puppy class a priority for this first month of your puppy’s education.
- You are purchasing a reserved spot that cannot be filled if you are absent.
- Puppy classes generally stay full; please attend on your scheduled day.
- Class fees are not refundable. (If your pup must drop out due to injury or illness, please let us know, we may apply a credit toward future training.)
- If you must miss a week please let us know. We have free make up sessions monthly. You must register online but there’s no charge.
- If you or your puppy do not feel well, please stay home and let us know.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CLASS?
- A healthy, hungry puppy
- Vaccination records are required for admission to your first class
- Treats, a plain collar or harness and a 4′ or 6′ leash. Please, no retractable leashes. Chain, prong or electric collars are not permitted in class.
SHOULD WE WAIT UNTIL PUPPY HAS HAD ALL SHOTS?
Puppy Socialization is effective between 3 and 14-16 weeks of age, so don’t delay! For more info on the benefits of early socialization, please read the Puppy Socialization statement by the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior. If you’re still not sure, you can bring your puppy alone to a private session at the studio.
Private Puppy Training
Puppy training at your home can be scheduled as soon as your puppy arrives, regardless of vaccinations. We work on whatever is most important to you – house training, puppy “biting”, manners, coming when called, crate training – you set the priorities and we provide the information and how-to. You’ll receive hands-on instruction, written lesson plans, and follow up email support as needed.
You can schedule as many sessions as you wish. Many clients schedule weekly or every other week sessions as their puppy grows and changes. Often just one lesson will get you off to a great start, and you can then enroll in group classes for additional training.
In-Home Training Cost: $150/hour (within 30 min drive from our location)
In-Studio Training Cost: $100/hour (must meet health requirements)
You’ll enjoy the convenience of flexible scheduling and your puppy will love our force-free methods.
House Training Workshop
$25 | 1 Hour | People Only
Frustrated that your puppy doesn’t let you know when she needs to “go”? This one-hour workshop covers all the techniques for achieving a reliably house-trained puppy.
Includes a free booklet on house training.
For humans only, no puppies attend this workshop.
My nine year old daugher and I lacked direction with our two new puppies. Marie worked well with both of us as well as was a wealth of helpful information to make us realize we could in fact mold our fabulous new puppies into our lifestyle. They are well on their way to being well mannered dogs.
This was the best class I’ve ever attended with my dog. Marie is an excellent instructor, giving quick feedback and clear instructions. My dog has progressed beyond my expectations. Do the homework and you won’t be disappointed!