- Classes meet once a week for 50 minutes.
- Small class size (4-6 dogs) provides the most individual coaching possible in a group setting.
- Family members welcome! Kids over 8 may participate in training. If you are bringing multiple children under age 8, please bring another adult to supervise, so that you can focus on your dog.
- Dog Wardrobe: Plain buckle or snap collar with 4’ or 6’ leash. Head halters and harnesses are also allowed. Please, no chain or slip collars and no retractable leashes in class.
- Make Up classes for Basic Manners are offered monthly, at no charge, in case you have to miss a class.
- Prospective students are invited to observe classes in progress. Please contact us to arrange a visit (without your dog).
PUPPIES (under 5 months old) must have received two distemper/parvo vaccines prior to first class, at least one administered by a veterinarian. We encourage puppies to attend as soon as the second distemper/parvo vaccine has been given. For more on this subject, please read the Puppy Socialization statement by the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior here: https://avsab.org/resources/position-statements/
ADULT dogs must have current rabies and distemper/parvo vaccinations.
Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine is recommended, but not required.
You must provide written proof of vaccines for your dog to be admitted for his first visit to the training facility. Our fax number is 281-259-7997, but if you fax, or request your vet to do so, please contact us to verify the records have been received prior to class.
All dogs and puppies must have been in your home without illness for the two weeks prior to start of class. Females in heat may be asked to skip class, please let us know.
If your dog has been ill during the week, please do not bring him to class. We encourage you to attend so that you can learn and practice at home. If in doubt, please give us a call.
Payments & Policies
Payment reserves your place in class. Fees are not refundable unless requested at least 5 days prior to class start date. Your registration is not confirmed until payment has been received.
Make Up classes for Basic Manners are offered monthly, at no charge, in case you have to miss a class. If you must miss a class, please email to let us know, and we will send you the week’s homework to help you keep up.
If you have any concerns about your dog’s behavior with new dogs or people, please contact us before registering for class. Any dog, who in the trainer’s opinion poses a potential risk to any person or dog, may be asked to transfer from group classes to private lessons.